WE ACCEPT PASSPORTS BY APPOINTMENTS ONLY.
REQUIREMENTS AND HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
A passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant issue or verify United States Passports. You will need to apply in person if you are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time.
* Application must be completed - (Capital letters and please print) in Black ink.
* Must have one passport photo
* Certified Birth Certificate with raised seal
* Valid Picture ID (Drivers License)
The passport fee for those over age 16 is $110.00 and is non-refundable.
Printable Passport Application Form from the US Department of State Web site, http://travel.state.gov.
Renewal Service for a Passport:
You should receive your completed document within 6 weeks. You may use this form if your previous passport was issued when you were 16 or older and:
1. Was issued in the last 15 years
2. Is not damaged
3. Is submitted with your application
4. Name is the same (if changed by marriage or court order, you will need appropriate documentation)
The passport renewal fee for those over age 16 is $110.00 and is non-refundable. Passport for a minor under age 16:
* A passport photo is required
* Both parents are required to sign the application in person or a statement of consent or special Circumstances Form 3053.
* Childs birth certificate with raised seal
* Parents must have picture I.D. (Drivers License)
The passport fee for those unders age 16 is $80.00 and is non-refundable.
The cost to expedite the application process, in addition to regular application fees, is $60.00 per application plus overnight delivery cost of $20.66. This will ensure delivery within 2 weeks.
Effingham County Probate Court only accepts: Check or Money Orders.
Please Note: fees are subject to change without prior notice.
There is a $25.00 Execution Fee Payable to Effingham county Probate court for all first time applications.